Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Preparation

Halloween is a time of year when many moms thrive.  So many opportunities to show the world how "pinteresting" you are - elaborate pumpkin carving and crafts, cute Halloween-themed snacks for preschool, coordinated costumes for the kids.  Well, as much as I love Halloween, I think I fall a little short of the "pinterest" standards.  We have a pumpkin carving party each year but haven't actually carved a pumpkin since we procreated.  We hit the pumpkin farms but not in cute coordinated pumpkin applique outfits.  And of course we love to go trick or treating, but I tend to either eat all the candy or throw it away.  Last year was the first year my kids became aware that they liked candy - up until then I had actually convinced them that they didn't like it (poor naive souls).  When we started talking about trick or treating this year, my now 4 1/2 year old daughter looked at me with a very serious face and asked "Mommy, will you save me at least one piece of my candy this year?"
"Yes, dear, I suppose I can spare at least one."
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment