Monday, November 14, 2011

Personal Space

I'm not a clean freak but I don't like getting food and grime on my clothes.  My husband always tells me that it's part of being a mother, but I disagree.  I'd rather wipe my kids snotty nose before he rubs it on my shirt or clean off my kids hands before I pick her up or hold my child by her armpits when she's just had an accident.
When we go out to dinner, we often choose to sit in a booth and somehow, I always end up next to my 2 1/2 year old daughter.  No matter how far I try to slide her away from me, she always sits practically on top of me.  And I'm sure you can imagine that her hands, covered in mac'n'cheese and yogurt, always seem to find their way to me and my clean shirt.  At times, I find it necessary to move ... not because I don't love eating with my grimy-handed child, but because I need some clean personal space.
As always, my husband was ready to capture my shining moment as a mother on film!
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment