Sunday, March 11, 2012

Special yogurt

We have been dealing with all the extremes of abdominal distress this week.  After the 24 hours of vomiting subsided, our 15 month old son started having several watery poops per day.  Our 3 year old daughter, in contrast, kept complaining of stomach pain, crying on the potty, and squeezing out rock solid pebble-sized poops.  As a pediatrician, I am a huge fan of Miralax and dole it out to my kids frequently.  My daughter seems to be catching on and no longer wants to drink water or milk after she sees me mixing in the white powder.  Last night, I packed some Miralax for our dinner outing.  My daughter always wants to eat yogurt for "dessert" so I planned to mix it in.  Unfortunately, she was sitting beside me so I couldn't think of an inconspicuous way to get the yogurt drugged.  Instead, I decided to tell her that since she had been so good at dinner, I had some special sugar to put in her yogurt to make it extra sweet.  She took the bait and was so proud of her "special" yogurt.  So far, no major consequences from the special yogurt but I have this strange feeling it will come back to haunt me!
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment