Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vomit virgin

Somehow, I survived 3 years of motherhood without cleaning up vomit.  Fortunately, my daughter has only thrown up a couple times ever (and I happened to be on call), and my son has never thrown up (other than spit-up).  I consider this fact to be a blessing given that I am not very good with vomit.  I have a strong gag reflex and always feel like I may throw up myself when I see other people vomit. 
Earlier this week, I paid my dues.  My daughter woke up around 10 pm vomiting.  I think vomit at night is worse than vomit during the day (mostly because children are supposed to sleep at night, not vomit).  We bathed her 3 times and did 3 loads of laundry in the middle of the night.  She finally seemed to settle down around 3 am.  The next morning, I went to get our 15 month old son who I was planning to send to daycare while I stayed home with our ill child.  I walked in and he stood up in bed smiling.  He pointed to the other end of the bed.  I've never seen so much vomit in my life.  Goes to show you how different your children can be.  While my daughter was waking up every hour, our son decided to go back to sleep on the other side of the crib and woke up smiling!  Either he is a really easy kid or he has learned it's not worth competing with his sister for attention.  Either way, cleaning up after him was much easier!
Mom of the year ...

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until they run into your room disoriented you lean over to pick them up and thee spew on you! Good times to come!!!

    ReplyDelete