Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Scheduling snafu

Sometimes being a mom feels more like being a personal assistant than a nurturer.  I am always worried that I will have something wrong with our day-to-day schedule and end up leaving the kids at daycare or forgetting to feed them a meal.  This week, I left for a 24 hour call shift on Monday.  I came home Tuesday morning while my husband was on his way to the airport for a trip.  He returns home late tonight and I leave for another 24 hour shift tomorrow morning.  With all the coming and going, it's a wonder we've kept it together this week.
Last night, my mother-in-law and I took the kids to Cafe Carolina.  As soon as we walked in, my daughter spotted her buddy, Sergio, who works there.  He played hide and seek with her for a few minutes then came over to say hi to my son.  "Are you going to smile for me tonight?" he asked "He only smiled at me once last night."  I looked at him confused.  "Your family was here last night for dinner," he responded laughing.  And I thought I had this scheduling thing figured out.  Oh well, at least the kids seemed to enjoy their dinner... again.
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment