Sunday, September 23, 2012

Running shoes

It's always tough to figure out where to draw the line with toddlers, which I suppose is why people say to pick your battles.  I tend to prioritize my own sleep so if the battle will interfere with my sleep, score 1 for the toddler.  My 21 month old son has developed quite an interesting bedtime routine.  First of all, he screams bloody murder as soon as you try to take his running shoes off at night.  He continues to scream "run shoes" until you put them back on his feet.  At first, my husband thought we should fight this battle and refuse to let him sleep in his shoes.  About 30 minutes into the power struggle, I gave in and put his shoes back on.  That was about 3 weeks ago and he's been sleeping in his running shoes ever since.  Now, his new issue is wanting to sleep in a collared shirt.  I was on the fence on this one - on the one hand, I couldn't see any harm in it.  On the other hand though, I'd like him to have clean collared shirts to wear during the day.  I think I lasted about an hour on this power struggle at which point I decided my sleep was too important and put his polo on.  Can't wait to see what's next on the horizon.
Mom of the year ...

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. I can't ever let my husband read this. He can't figure out why I insist on changing the baby into pj's before bedtime. I think I told him it's just what people do. Clearly that is not necessarily the case.

    ReplyDelete