Monday, September 19, 2011

Bait

There is a transition that each baby makes from immobility to mobility about which every new parent is warned.  When you're a first time mom, you are just excited to see your little one start to do something other than lie still, so you are less concerned with the warnings.  With our second child, however, I was less thrilled when he started rolling across the floor at 4 months and was fully crawling by 6 months. 
One day, postcall again (i.e. post 24 hour shift), I was without a babysitter and left in charge of our 8 month old son.  I was hoping for a relaxing morning, including a long morning nap, some Today show viewing, etc.  Unfortunately, my son was too preoccupied with his newfound joy of climbing our stairs.  Exhausted from chasing him all over the downstairs, I finally found a way to captivate him, allowing me to park my tired body in one place.  The following video shows him taking the "bait."
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment