Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Photo op

Ah, 'tis the season and who doesn't love this season? Although it is quite busy (thus the lack of blog entries lately), it is a great time of year.  Everyone loves college basketball season.
If you've followed my blog, you will remember the "Tarheel born" entry (if not, feel free to scroll back  for some wonderful "parenting as a basketball fan" advice).  In reflecting back on basketball seasons past, I came across a photo.

When my daughter was just over a year old, my husband and I went to the spring football preview game.  We were on our way out when we saw John Henson, Dexter Strickland, and Leslie McDonald (three of my favorite UNC basketball players).  I had recently met them when they came to visit the children's hospital and I was selected as one of their tour guides.  When I saw them at the game, I darted over to my new BFF's and hurled my adorable daughter, dressed appropriately in a cute Carolina blue dress, into Dexter's arms, my husband standing by with camera ready.  Anyone who knows 1 year olds knows how they feel about strangers at that age, and anyone who knows college males knows how they feel about babies at that age.  Needless to say, it was not the photo op I had hoped for.


Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment