Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beach bums

We recently returned home from a 10 day vacation at the beach.  We enjoyed ourselves but more importantly, we all survived the trip without too much drama.  It's funny how I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation these days.
My 3 year old daughter was amazingly well-behaved for the majority of the trip but of course had her moments.  And I guess I had my moments too.  I had become accustomed to having sand all over me, but I wasn't a huge fan of that gritty all-over feeling.  One day, while playing in the sand, my daughter launched a shovel full of sand all over me.  She looked me right in the eye when she did it so I know it was no accident.  I've never claimed to be mature enough to be a mom.  In fact, people who know me well think I often act like a 6th grader.  Maybe that explains why my first instinct was to throw sand back at her.  Unfortunately, my aim wasn't great and it all went in her face.  Oops... sorry sweetie!  She cried for a few minutes before she forgave me.
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment