Monday, October 22, 2012

Payback's a ...

As a parent, it's hard not to feel that some children reap what they sew.  At this week's soccer game, we had a bit of drama on the field.  My daughter's little team, although primarily made of boys, is not very physical.  We quickly learned that some teams have boys who are much more into pushing and tackling than soccer.  Two boys on the other team were particularly rough, even with my daughter who happened to never be anywhere near the ball.  After several episodes of pushing each other and other kids, the coach decided to separate the 2 boys and put one on the other field.  (All of this carried on with both sets of parents watching in silence).  The boy who stayed on our field continued his physical tactics and resorted to tackling more than a few times.  In one play, 2 of our players tripped over each other and fell.  I guess the little boy thought this was his chance for wrestle mania because he dove onto the pile.  All of a sudden, he screamed and started crying and running toward his mother.  Apparently, one of the boys on our team had bitten him.  I'm not normally a fan of biting but I almost tried to start the wave.  The bite victim spent the rest of the game crying in his mom's lap.  We all seemed to enjoy the game more from that point on.  Good thing my child wasn't the perpetrator because if that mother had approached me, I'm afraid of how I would have responded.  Payback's a ... well, you know.
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment