Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tough little coaches

My husband was out of town this past weekend leaving me home to fend for myself.  Fortunately, I had a great deal of help from my mother-in-law.  Sunday morning, however, we were on our own and I was in desperate need of a work-out.  I decided that a brisk walk with the jogging stroller would be adequate given that I am now just over 22 weeks pregnant.  I loaded the kids up (who were both surprisingly excited about going for a ride) and we headed off.  Both of our kids have loved going for runs with us since they were little, probably out of necessity more than choice.  I guess we trained them well because as soon as we started off on our walk, my daughter asked me when we were going to start running.  Well, I wasn't planning to run, I tried to explain to her 3 1/2 year old brain.  "Run Mommy run," she started chanting.  My almost 2 year old son chimed in with "ready, set, go!"  I felt as though I had no choice but to give it a go.  Otherwise, I figured I'd have 2 screaming unhappy children for my 45 minute walk.  Better to sacrifice a little oxygen to the growing fetus than deal with that!  Even as I started running, my daughter kept asking "Mommy, are we running or walking?"  Toughest coach I've ever had.  She's lucky I don't act the same way toward her when she's on the soccer field ... "Hey, are you playing soccer or picking pansies?"
Mom of the year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment