Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adult supervision

Whenever we have some sort of family-friendly social event, my husband seems to find himself in the same situation he found himself in last night ... alone with multiple young children. I tend to be the more social of the two of us and will easily get caught up in conversation while my toddler starts to wander away. Last night, she was playing with several kids and each kid had a balloon. I guess I was supposed to be on toddler watch since my husband had the baby. I saw him take off running when he saw a few balloons leaving the restaurant. He mentioned something about our daughter so I figured he had things under control.  Turns out the kids went outside to play and by the time I got around to checking on him (about half an hour later) I realized he was the only adult amongst about 6 kids.
Mom of the year ...

1 comment: